Motorists who have received notification from the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles that their driving privileges are or will be suspended due to accumulated surchargeable events must complete the eight-hour Defensive Driving Course, Attitudinal Dynamics of Driving, to avoid the suspension or to have their license reinstated. Motorists may also be required to attend due to other circumstances. Classes are available statewide.
Go to the Course Schedule page to find a class near you and to register online.
- Frequently Asked Questions.
- For information about your specific driving record, visit the MassRMV site.
RMV phone numbers:
- (800) 858-3926 for the 351, 413, 508, 774, or 978 area codes
- (617) 351-4500 for the 339, 617, 781, 857 area codes, or from out of state
For more information about taking the course, contact the National Safety Council at (800) 215-1581 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 7:15 p.m., Saturday 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. and Sunday 8:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Class must be completed at least one week prior to suspension date.
- NSC can make arrangements for the hearing impaired. If you need assistance, please contact us at
1-800-215-1581, or at 1-866-268-0503 for the TTY line, or via e-mail at email@example.com.
April 20, 2011