Alive At 25 Parent Program
This innovative program gets parents involved in training their teens to drive safely and responsibly by:
- Encouraging parent/teen partnership throughout the entire process, from learning to drive through independent driving.
- Offering practical solutions so parents can take responsibility to reduce the unique risks and hazards teen drivers face.
- Helping parents understand teens' need for defensive driver training.
- Examining how to approach Graduated Driver Licensing (GDL) laws, in addition to those related to safety belts, speeding, and alcohol and drugs.
- Providing a recommended example of an effective Parent/Teen Driver Contract, and discussing the importance of how parents and teens can use it to manage their driving experience.
- The Resources page provides printable information found in the course that can be retained for future reference. Links to other safety organizations and government sites are also available for additional information.