Can I take the defensive driving course for an insurance discount and/or ticket dismissal?
Please click on the ‘Select your State’ button on the SafetyServe.com homepage to find out more information about regulations in a certain state. How long is the course?
The course length will vary among courses and states. Generally speaking – most of the defensive driving courses are four hours long. All of our courses have a book mark feature which allows the course to be taken in increments at your convenience. The NY course is 6 hours long and also may be completed in increments. More specific information will be available when you select your state and/or course.How long do I have to complete the course?
This will vary from state to state. When click on ‘purchase course’, you will see your course expiration date before you are asked for your credit card information.Can I take the course on my tablet or smartphone?
The course requires the Adobe Flash Player to display correctly. If your tablet or smartphone has Flash then you should be able to access the course. For iPad, iPhone or Android devices that don't support flash you may download the Puffin Web Browser to access the course.Apple App StorePuffin Web Browser Free Google Play StorePuffin Browser FreeHow do I purchase the course & register with SafetyServe.com?
- Go to www.safetyserve.com
- Click on Purchase Course.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to purchase/register with SafetyServe.com using your credit card.
If you prefer to fax your credit card information or mail a check or money order please follow the above steps and click on the ’Click here to purchase by check or fax’
link at the top of the payment page for a form to fill out with registration information. Upon receipt of your payment you will be registered immediately. Are there any security risks to purchasing training material online?
certificate can be issued for each account. Thus every family member taking the course must have his or her own SafetyServe.com account. Registration asks me for my e-mail address, why? Do I have to give it? What if I don't have one?
You are required to provide your e-mail address to register with SafetyServe.com. Your email address is the primary method SafetyServe.com uses to notify you of any order related information such as billing and certificate confirmations, order tracking, as well as any customer service related questions you may have.SafetyServe.com will not sell, rent, or lease your personally identifiable information to others.
I'm trying to register and keep receiving this error message: "The Login ID you entered has already been taken, please try again..." What's wrong?
It's possible that someone else has already registered using the same Login ID as you. However, it is more likely that you have already registered, making this a duplicate registration attempt. Once you have registered successfully with SafetyServe.com, you do not need to register again. Just click on Returning Student (or Student Login) and login with your Login ID and password. I've forgotten my password. How do I log in?
On the login page is a link "Forgot your ID or password?" Click that link to find out what your options are for retrieving your password. If the link is not available, please contact us to send the request. I have a question about billing or about my credit card transaction. Who do I contact?
Please contact us through email or call us on our direct helpline. TAKING THE COURSEWhat are the hardware and software requirements for accessing SafetyServe.com's Online Course?
Because of the varieties of the courses that we have available, the best way to test if your hardware and software (OS) are compatible with the course is to play the demo course.System Requirements:
- Windows NT: MSIE 6.0,Mozilla 1.x, CompuServe 7, and Opera 7.11
- Windows 98: MSIE 5.x, Mozilla 1.x, AOL 8, and Opera 7.11
- Windows Me: MSIE 5.5, Mozilla 1.x, AOL 8, and Opera 7.11
- Windows 2000: MSIE 5.x, Mozilla 1.x, CompuServe 7, AOL 8, and Opera 7.11
- Windows XP: MSIE 6.x or newer, Mozilla 1.x or newer, Compuware 7 or newer, AOL 8 or newer, and Opera 7.11 and newer
- Windows Vista: MSIE 7 or newer, Firefox 2.0 or newer, AOL 9 or newer
- Windows 7: MSIE 7, Firefox 2.0, AOL 9
- Windows 8: (Note: view the course in desktop mode)
- Windows 10
- Macintosh Mac OS 9.x: MSIE 5.1, Mozilla 1.x, and Opera 6
- Mac OS X 10.1.x, Mac OS X 10.2.x, or Mac OS X 10.3.x or later: Firefox 1.x, MSIE 5.2,Mozilla 1.x, AOL 7, Opera 6, And Safari 1.0 (Mac OS X 10.2.x or later)
- Linux: Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 3 update 8, RHEL 4 update 4 (AS/ES/WS/) /Novell SUSE 9.x or 10.1: Firefox 184.108.40.206 and higher; Mozilla 1.7.x and higher, Sea Monkey 1.0.5 and higher
Flash 9 or higher Plug-in required. Can I access the course from any computer?
Yes, you can access the course from any Internet-connected computer (as long as that computer meets the SafetyServe.com system requirements). Simply go to www.safetyserve.com
and click Student Login.How do I download the Flash Player?
Go to the www.adobe.com
to download Adobe Flash Player (this is a free download). I got an application error (e.g. Internet Explorer has encountered an error) and was kicked out of the course. What do I do next?
- Go to the www.adobe.com to download the latest Adobe Flash Player (this is a free download).
- Flush your local Internet offline content (cache) to ensure previous incomplete contents are deleted from the system.
- Try the course again.
If the above process didn't fix the problem, please contact us for technical support. I am stuck in certain part of the course and cannot move forward. What do I do next?
This may be due to the offline content cached by your browser. It's recommended that you flush your local cache
and try the course again.
If you're using AOL on a dial-up connection, it's also recommended you use Internet Explorer (IE) or another browser to start the course after the cache is flushed.Clearing your cache: Windows
- Close Browser
- Click the Start button and choose Control Panel (or 'Control Panel' on XP)
- Double click the Internet Options icon (switch to Classic View).
- Click the General tab.
- Under Browsing History, click on Delete...
- Only check ‘Temporary Internet files’
- Click the Delete button.
- Close out the Internet Properties Window
- Reopen the browser and launch the course again
Launch the browser. Click on Safari,
select Empty Cache
... and Empty
to reset the cache. Firefox
- Launch the browser. Click on Firefox, select Preferences...
- Select Privacy tab and then select Cache
- Click on Clear Cache Now
When I click the course, I receive this error message: "Unable to communicate with the server. Exit, Retry" What's wrong?
- In the top-right corner of Chrome, click the Chrome Menu.
- Select More tools > Clear browsing data.
- In the dialog that appears, select Cached images and files.
- Click on Clear browsing data.
In order to retrieve/save your previous/current progress information, the course needs to communicate with the servers to maintain your progress. The message indicates that the communication cannot be established. No new progress will be saved if the communication failed. The followings are the most common causes of the communication problem:
No learning content is listed under My Courses page. I know I'm supposed to have access to some training material. What's wrong?
- Firewall - Both Network and local firewalls (hardware/software) could potential block the communication. Please consult with your network administrator or firewall manual how to alter the permissions.
- VPN Connection: Please close the VPN Connection and re-launch the course.
If access to SafetyServe.com was provided by your company, perhaps you need to contact your training administrator to ask them to give you access to training material. If you have purchased access to a course and you cannot see any course, please contact SafetyServe.com. How do I change my email address or Login ID or password?
How do I view my progress and test scores?
- Go to www.safetyserve.com
- Click on Returning Student (or Student Login) and log in to SafetyServe.com.
- On the left-hand menu, click Update Account.
- Update your email/Logon ID/password information with the information you want to use.
- Click Submit.
- To return to the course, click on My Courses.
- To leave the site, click on Logout.
Today my browser seems slow when I'm accessing SafetyServe.com online course. Is something wrong?
- Go to www.safetyserve.com.
- Click on Returning Student (or Student Login) and log in to SafetyServe.com.
- On the left-hand menu, click Progress.
- The course you purchased should be displayed on the main page.
Like a highway during rush hour, Internet traffic sometimes slows down during hours of peak usage. So your connection to the Internet through your Internet service provider (through your modem, for example) may periodically slow down due to very heavy traffic. The contents are too small to read, how do I change it?
AFTER THE COURSEI believe I've found a mistake in the course. Who should I report this to for correction? I'd like to contact SafetyServe.com with feedback suggesting some improvements. How do I do that?
- With Internet Explorer/ Firefox, press "F11" to view the course in full screen. Press "F11" again will restore the screen.
- Or, click on "View" from the menu bar and select "Full Screen."
On the left navigation bar, you will find a feedback link. From this page, you can fill up the form and submit question. At the bottom of most SafetyServe.com pages, including this one, you will also find a Contact Us
link. Simply click that link to send us your comments or suggestions. Please include specific information regarding the course (Name of the Course, Session Number, Page Title, etc.). I need another copy or a replacement of my certificate. What do I need to do?
Since most of the insurance agents/courts/institutes require the original certificate, it's suggested that you make copies of the certificate as soon as you get it. If you need to request another copy (with the same course completion date), please contact our helpline directly at 1-800-775-1484 for assistance. Additional fee ($10.00) may apply. How soon can I get my certificate?
Information about the certificate process will vary depending on course, state/ jurisdiction and other factors. Please click on your state for or course for additional information.
If the certificate is mailed, it will be mailed out within two business days of your request. If you require your NSC Certificate of Completion sooner, call Customer Service at 1-800-775-1484 with your credit card information to request one of the services* listed below.
- Next Day Air (Original Certificate) $40.00
- Second Day (Original Certificate) Air $25.00
- Expedite Same Day-US Mail or Fax $10.00
(Please note: The fax copy will print as a Void copy to prevent illegal reproduction of certificates. Please verify that the organization will accept a fax copy as proof of completion)* Orders received after 1:00PM EST will be processed the following business day.
* We are not responsible for delays that are out of our control, such as, severe weather delays, or transportation problems. We can request a delivery without signature, however, final discretion for that request is up to the driver. HOLIDAYS AND SHIPPING: Commercial shippers (i.e., UPS/FEDEX) do not deliver or ship on major Holidays like Christmas, New Years, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, and Thanksgiving. Our office will be closed on those days as well. Please plan accordingly when you place your order and when you are deciding to ship Next Day Air or 2nd Day Air. Please count Business days only for shipping time. UPS/FEDEX do not count weekends and holidays, when they are calculating the days that it takes to deliver a package from the day they pick it up.